In Denmark you can be a new man! In honor of Alexander Hamilton’s birthday, we bring you the crossover that the universe (and that lady who shouted at Lin-Manuel Miranda on the street) foretold: Hamilton meets Hamlet! Check out Ep12 on iTunes, Soundcloud, and Stitcher, and listen to us talk about the weight of a family legacy, guys who never stop talking, and which Schuyler sister has secret superpowers.
Where you can find this pop culture (as of show date):
- Hamilton is currently playing in New York and Chicago, and is expanding to other cities and going on tour. Or you can check out the original cast recording.
- Hamlet is free to read online, and there’s a film version with David Tennant and Patrick Stewart available to stream on PBS. Or you can see if there’s a production playing around you for the full experience!
Readers’ advisory, aka other stuff we like that we think you’ll like, too:
- The Hamiltome
- Hamilton’s America
- The Hamilton Mixtape
- Why I Paid Too Much for Tickets to Hamilton, and Other Musings on the Fragility of Life
- Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson
- Les Mis
- The Color Purple
- In the Heights
- The Bellwether friends’ musical episode (even though I did so badly on the quiz)
- Can I Pet Your Dog episode 1, with Lin-Manuel Miranda and Tobi the Dog
- Lafayette in the Somewhat United States
- The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing
- Boxers & Saints
- Backwards & Forwards
- Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead
- Shakespeare in Love
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- The Dead Fathers Club