What’s that coming over the hill? It’s Anthony Hopkins in a pair of giant mechanical trousers! This week, we look at the most British-y of British stories, with the beautifully written and emotionally stunning The Remains of the Day, and the slapstick and wit of Wallace and Gromit. Check us out on iTunes, Soundcloud, and Stitcher for a conversation about sad road trips, maniacal penguins, Anthony Hopkins on a skateboard, and lots of suggestions for things you definitely should not Google.
Potential fanfic title: The Remains of the Clay.
Where you can find this pop culture (as of show date):
- Find The Remains of the Day at your local library, or your favorite indie bookstore.
- Wallace and Gromit have their own Youtube channel! You can also find Wallace and Gromit streaming on platforms like Amazon.
Readers’ advisory, aka other stuff we like that we think you’ll like, too:
- The Remains of the Day movie
- A Brief History of Montmaray
- The Queen
- The Wind Rises
- Downton Abbey
- Upstairs Downstairs (old and new)
- Gosford Park
- PD Wodehouse’s Jeeves series and the TV show adaptation
- Three Men in a Boat
- Hot Fuzz
- Flushed Away and Chicken Run
- Doctor Who
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
- The Neverhood
- And something a little lighter, PG Wodehouse’s Jeeves series and the TV show adaptation