Winter is coming, and so is the Zamboni! This week, we mix happy sparkly sports romantic comedy with grim dark high fantasy epic, as Yuri!!! on Ice crosses over with Game of Thrones. Check us out on iTunes, Soundcloud, and Stitcher for a discussion on the limited time frame of athletic careers, dragon baby’s day out, and how talons are nature’s ice skates. Also, in our version, Oberyn Martell ends up just fine.
Where you can find this pop culture (as of show date):
- Yuri!!! on Ice is streaming on platforms like Funimation and Crunchyroll.
- Game of Thrones is streaming on HBO.
Readers’ advisory, aka other stuff we like that we think you’ll like, too:
- The 2018 Winter Olympics
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
- Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
- Girl Mans Up
- Ice Castles and its remake
- The Cutting Edge
- Strictly Ballroom
- Center Stage
- The Broken Earth
- The Kingkiller Chronicles
- The Earthsea Chronicles
- The Prydain Chronicles
- The Golden Compass
- Orphan Black
- Battlestar Galactica
Songs Arya and Russian Yuri would angrily skate to while cutting people up? Ideas for our Natalie Dormer/Hayley Atwell/Eva Green tv series? Suggestions for future episodes? Just want to say hi? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, share your hound/Hound fan art at our Facebook page, and send us winkies across the ice via Twitter. As always, ratings and reviews make us feel like we won the gold medal in podcasting. Bodo our producer agrees.