Get ready for a roll in ze hay and a barnyard revolution, as we struggle to decide whether this will be a comedy or a drama! This week, we’re crossing over political satire/allegorical novel Animal Farm and monster movie parody fun-fest Young Frankenstein. Check us out on iTunes, Soundcloud, and Stitcher for a conversation on zombie horses, Mr. Manifesto himself, amazing ladies in comedy, and the newest subscription service, barn box (a new barn every month!). As always, we ask the important questions, like “what if animals, but too much?”
Where you can find this pop culture (as of show date):
- Animal Farm is available to purchase from your favorite local bookstore or to borrow from your local library.
- Young Frankenstein is available to stream on DirectTV, and to purchase as a DVD from the normal places. Also you can probably find the DVD at your local library.
Readers’ advisory, aka other stuff we like that we think you’ll like, too:
- Ninteen Eighty-Four
- Fahrenheit 451
- The Handmaid’s Tale and TV show
- The Family Romanov: Murder, Rebellion, and the Fall of Imperial Russia
- Watership Down
- The Story of Ferdinand
- Charlotte’s Web
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
- Frankenstein the movie and Frankenstein the book
- Dracula the movie and Dracula the book
- King Kong
- Blazing Saddles
- The Producers the movie and the musical
- Shaun of the Dead
- Hot Fuzz
- The Zombie Survival Guide
Thoughts on how you might be a little bit vegan? Suggestions for the Frankenstein Hydroponics Farm farm stand? Ideas for future crossovers? Just want to say hi? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us your zombie animal horror stories at our Facebook page, and tweet us your favorite Dirty Money Pig Whiskey songs. Ratings and reviews are our favorite, and appreciated by all humans and animals.