Load up your t-shirt canon and get your bowling balls ready, because this episode is coming at you like a flying monkey drunk on white russians. This week, we’re mashing up the Broadway smash hit Wicked with the Coens cult classic The Big Lebowski. Check us out on iTunes, Soundcloud, and Stitcher for a conversation about unicorns cakes and salads, letting your heart jump out of your mouth, and the true loneliness of Real Life Sam Elliott. This one is also essential listening for you Eagle People out there; they can’t keep you down, because you can fly.
Where to find this week’s pop culture (as of show date):
- Wicked is playing on Broadway, and touring around America. You can also buy the Original Cast Recording from iTunes.
- The Big Lebowski is streaming via Cinemax at the moment, and can be purchased on BluRay (or borrowed from your local library!)
Readers’ advisory, aka other stuff we like that we think you’ll like, too:
- Les Miserables
- Phantom of the Opera
- The Wiz
- Into the Woods
- Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
- Let the Right One In
- Wreck-It Ralph
- The Big Sleep
- North by Northwest
- City of Angels
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- Burn After Reading
- Hail, Casear
- O Brother, Where Art Thou
- Barton Fink
- The Big Lebowski (Network TV edit)
Thoughts on the song titles for our musical mash-em-up? Got no snakes left to give? Ideas for future crossovers? Just want to say hi? Email us at email@example.com, get lost in the poppy field of our Facebook page, and tweet us your favorite quotes from both properties, even though it’ll just be, like, your opinion, man. Ratings and reviews are our favorite, and make us happier than John Goodman dancing with Kristin Chenoweth.