It’s our longest title yet, but don’t panic! Pull up a chair to the Starship Bistromath instead, and study up on your Eugene Levy-adjacent acting, because this episode is all about smart adaptations and what it takes to be funny. Check us out on iTunes, Soundcloud, and Stitcher for a conversation about unproblematic-by-adaptation-or-death faves, staying far away from Incesttown, and the tragic fate of Bogey Lowenstein!
Where to find this week’s pop culture (as of show date):
- 10 Things… is available for rent via YouTube, iTunes and Amazon Prime.
- Hitchiker’s Guide is available in all sorts of media formats, but the books are at your local library and local book store!
Readers’ advisory, aka other stuff we like that we think you’ll like, too:
- Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- As I Descended
- We Were Liars
- Ana of California
- She’s All That
- Easy A
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
- 99 Days
- Anna and the French Kiss
- Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide Radio Series
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide Movie
- And Another Thing…
- Artemis Fowl
- Good Omens
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency
- A Wrinkle in Time
- Monty Python’s Flying Circus
- The Princess Bride
Found the Lost Middle School Walt Speech? Suggestions for future crossovers? Just want to say hi? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us about how much you miss Heath Ledger on our Facebook page, and send Monty Python gifs to us on Twitter. And remember– as Julia Stiles learns, liking things is cool, so be sure to leave us some love on our iTunes ratings and reviews.