Everything’s coming up Gatsby in this special birthday episode of Crossover Appeal! In episode 16, we’re taking Midwestern family values to a morally bankrupt Long Island summer town with The Great Gatsby and The Simpsons. Check us out on iTunes, Soundcloud, and Stitcher for our conversation about outsiders destroyed by their glimpse into a new world, a new birthday song, and why girls can definitely be way more than beautiful little fools.
Where you can find this pop culture (as of this date):
- The Great Gatsby is a book! It is also a couple of movies but don’t watch those. Check it out at your local library or independent bookstore.
- If you have cable or an FX membership, The Simpsons can be watched in its entirety on the FXX Simpsons World app, which has every episode ever. They also air new ones on FOX, Sundays at 8pm.
Reader’s advisory, aka other stuff you’ll like, too:
- The Sun Also Rises
- Mrs. Dalloway
- East of Eden
- Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries (books and show)
- The Thin Man
- Simpsons Primers:
- Last Exit to Springfield
- Marge vs. the Monorail
- You Only Move Twice
- Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire
- Lisa the Iconoclast
- Summer of 4 ft 2
- Bart Sells His Soul
- Radioactive Man
- Marge on the Lam
- Treehouse of Horror
- 22 Short Films About Springfield